11/08/2013

I'm like a grenade, mom.

I'm like. Like. I'm like a grenade, Mom.  I'm a grenade and at some point I'm going to blow up and I would like to minimize the casualties, okay?
I'm a grenade, I said again. I just want to stay away from people and read books and think and be with you guys because there is nothing I can do about hurting you;  you're too invested, so just please let me do that, okay? I'm not depressed.  I don't need to get out more. And I can't be a regular teenager, because I'm a grenade.
-Hazel, The Fault in our Stars



This is on of my favourite quotes from all books I've ever read. I can relate to each and every word. I am a grenade. I am a grenade and I can blow up any time. I need days off, I like spending my days off. I like spending time on my own and feel the ticking of the bomb inside of me cause I am a grenade and there is nothing else I can do but to respect it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment